Our Route

Our Route
Our Route: begins bottom left (red route) in Guatemala City, ends in Cancun. The black route is long day trip to Copan Ruins

Monday 1 February 2016

THE FIRST MORNING

Well just like the old hymn ' morning has broken' and the birds are really getting into full throttle though the planes big and small have been taking off around us since dawn.  Our rooms were simple but cosy and the night air was fresh and good for sleeping.  The shower was a bit cold but we have to toughen up.  We are sitting around waiting for our 9:30 breakfast when in fact we have been ready for it since 7.  As I look out of the door we are surrounded by big trees and the mesmerising chirps of many, many birds - goodie!  I'm thinking about Steph this morning - it being her last day at work before maternity leave - Have a good final day!  

We met two ladies today of our age who are just going home to Montreal after spending one month in Colombia and 2 months in Guatemala - they have loved every minute of it especially Antigua and Rio Dulce and they recommended the Casa Rosada hotel in Livingston - they really enjoyed it around there - also the waterfalls and caves of Semuc Champey and around.  They both had volunteered for humanitarian work in Flores near Peten but it had to be cancelled due to flooding up there.

John is up and although he wanted to go native and not shave, I don't really want to walk around for a month with a Robinson Crusoe lookalike so I had a very rare experience of putting my foot down - not on his head and now I have got my normal husband back! (But not for long he threatens as he passes by!)



I have found that my toothbrush is good for getting the food stains off my tee shirt - something I need to perfect is the art of eating a burrito - I bite into it and tear too much tortilla away and all the filling spills down my front and trousers - and I haven't got many clean clothes to spare! Suggestions please.
The photos are of our little hotel called Posada dos Lunas just off the airport.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good first morning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoohoo,
    Looking forward to this trip. Enjoy guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you are enjoying yourselves. We were down on the Island but missed you. John, nice shave!

    ReplyDelete